Thursday, October 8, 2009

What Needs to Be Done


Tomorrow

I’ll fix it all tomorrow

I’ll buy the damn bags

I can’t even clear the trash without the right bags around here

This mess touches everything

But for now there’s none of that

This is my window

I take it everyday

The time between work and sleep and work

I’ve been hiding from real life forever

And I’m terrified of letting this go

It’s all I know 

And what needs to be done looks like slow boring death

The window keeps getting smaller

Soon brick walls will surround me

And part of me thinks I will actually be set free

Seeing clearly now what was always right there

I’ll make all the phone calls

I’ll clean the tub

I’ll clean my car

And go food shopping

Or pay my parking tickets

I’ll say goodbye to you

Tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment