Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Slider

My fingers feel thick, cartoonish

the room keeps fluctuating its proportions in a sparatic rhythm

my fingers feel wire thin, sketchy 

later I would learn this was similar to a K-hole

but I was only child and it would happen

the entire world was a grain of sand in my palm

only to become Jupiter's surface that I couldn't scrape

 

I yelled out but when help came I couldn't explain

things settle for the moment making me foolish

but it was real, it was scarier than the scary movies

later I would learn it was similar to a K-hole

It's been years but I still remember

sometimes there's a hint and I think I will be Mickey Mousing it

it leaves me and the proportions remain constant


(As often as things may jump when in my peripheral or worse, I pay close attention to the lines, for when they shift is when I will once again be powerless and the slider will determine my worth amongst the rest)

No comments:

Post a Comment